Thursday, May 12, 2011

First step towards the College of Law

This is the first step towards a long journey. This morning, I took the Xavier College of Law entrance exam. It was a mix of bittersweet. I got my first chance of how the mind ought to operate in the context of studying the law. Math and reading comprehension was kind of ok but the long critical thinking problems were quite a shock. The essay was like a last-minute inspiration charge. Nonetheless, I am confident that all will fall into place. I am looking forward to get the results two weeks from now so I know what particular area of basic skills I should improve. I also got the chance to see all my potential classmates. It was a very different feeling from my undergraduate exam experience. We have people of different age brackets and professional background. A dynamic experience awaits all of us. I just personally hope that sanity will still prevail under the pressing stress of law school. I would like to conclude with this thought.

Lawyers are vital players of nation-building especially in the preservation of our democratic ideals and the dispensation of justice. The honest practice of law is indispensable in the development of our nation and the attainment of social justice.

I hope as I begin this journey, the thought above will manifest itself. We face a complex society, so let us stay close to the uncompromising values of what is best in humanity.

No comments: