Thursday, March 29, 2007

thought book essay - 2

Why is Lego the most ingenious toy in the world?

-question to Sophie Amundsen by Alberto Knox [Sophie's World]

The memory never fades of me building mighty and towering towers. Building blocks are my favorite piece of toy in my childhood days. The feeling was overwhelming. I was amazed in the magic of these toys. This is the magic of building great things through the interlocking blocks. What amazed me most is the thought of shaping the blocks to fit my vision of a great building, the thought of influencing things to create something great, something good. Toys do have an effect on our mind that somehow evolves as we grow. As a child, we see it plainly as a play thing, as an adult, we can see it as the external things that “in a way” formed our view and response to the world. I am sure Lego did it to me. Now, I am instilled with that notion of being an instrument. I am a repairman of a collapsing or decaying tower using its existing blocks to strengthen its foundation, a builder of something good, something beautiful. Humanity has always been like this. A builder building great feats, great marks of civilization but he himself has the tendency of destroying it all to oblivion.

The world is a colorful bucket of building blocks so let us use its interlocking characteristic and build something great, something beautiful, and something good with the help of our creative mind and our loving heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You lego, me stuffed animals! Perhaps that's the reason why I've grown fond of animals... especially lizards... hehehe