Thursday, December 11, 2008

(Stc 505, 9:45am) – While listening to our RS35 lesson on Characteristics of Liturgy, I received a text message from the Director of Student Affairs simply instructing me to get a letter in the office. As the letters preceding the word letter spelled out; a – y – a –l –a, my heart began to beat faster. In that moment I know the time of patient waiting is over. I know the result of the Ayala Interview is at hand. It was still a good twenty minutes till I have the chance to exit the room and proceed to get the letter. It was in that span of twenty where I try to swallow the surprise in SMS. It was a good moment to retrace the course of my application in an instant, to prepare my self what ever the result is and finally savor the rare moment where my optimistic expectation meets a subtle sense of fear and anxiety – come what may. The bell rang, we prayed and off I went the office to get the letter. As I held the thing white Ayala labeled envelope, I planned in my head to open the letter inside the Chapel. Now sitting in a lonely corner, I slowly opened the envelope and first saw a beautifully written form of my nickname - a great personalized touch. As I pressed the corners to reveal the content, I saw the word in bold letters: Congratulations! With that I stood up and went back to the office to tell them the great blessing.

I guess, because of my effort to record the event, I rate this opportunity as highly valuable. It excites me to think that young people of the Philippines who Ayala sees as future “movers and shakers” gather to learn from the experience and personally from each other. It is also a tremendous opportunity to gain insight, forge networks, and enrich that already solid community of ordinary students who simply desire to make a difference.

The Congress will be on Feb. 10 - 13 2009 at the San Miguel Corporation - Management Training Center in Alfonso, Cavite.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations bro! i was an interviewee from cebu and i also made it! see you at the congress, then! :-)