Saturday, January 08, 2011

Para kanino ka bumabangon?


People always ask me if the presidency has taken away the better half of my sanity. I would always reply them that by God’s grace, I am enjoying every bit of it.

Sure there are struggles, pains, dilemmas, compromises, neglect or disappointments but pretty much that is what I enlisted for in the first place. The enjoyment comes when above all the barrage of everyday challenges, I still find sense in what I do. And it is mainly from that sense of “sense” that I regain my energy and govern another day. The “sense” that I am talking about here is that spirit we feel and see when we wake up every morning because we believe and we know that someone, even a stranger out there needs us. This thought is not just exclusive to people of influence or authority. The world’s need calls to everyone. People need us and the world needs us. It is in understanding that there is a need in this world and it is our part of our humanity to fine tune ourselves to meet that need.

And every time that need meets our individuality, there is joy – deep seated joy.

No comments: