Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 YEAR END REVIEW


As a way of tradition, I will now attempt to consolidate as much as I can the highlights 2011 has brought into my life. This is in the hope of tracking the past to aid the formation of the future.

Concluded College Life. After 5 years of College education, I finally graduated this year. I went through a lot academically. I transferred from 3 different courses before I finally settled with Business Economics and graduated with flying colors. Living in a material world, it is very important to ground ourselves with adequate and practicable knowledge on how our society manages our limited resources to meet our unlimited wants.

Concluded the Central Student Government Presidency. After a fruitful year of being president,  I ended the term in high spirits for much has been reformed in just a year. Being in CSG is one of the most defining moments of my life. It has convinced me the calling in which I seek to go forth which is policy-making and governance. Too general I know but it is a good start.  

Job Offers. I had a couple of job offers; one in the private sector and some in the public sector all in which I turned down because I decided to enrol in Law School. I realized the trade off but I choose to enter the latter because I am confident that I can best maximize myself in that position.

Law School. Too much has been said about my law school experience. I just can say that In this point in time, I still find sense in what I read and do. I hope this will not fade that fast. And when asked why I want to study law, the common sense response would be I want to be a lawyer. For a deeper response, I want to study the law because I want to be part of man’s great quest of putting order in society through the laws which we institute. Nonetheless, the law is nothing more than the reflection of what we see ourselves as human beings in relation to what is just and good as we see it in this point in time.

My Pad. Thank you to the generosity of my parents and relatives, I finally had a place of my own. I designed the room myself with the aid of ideas from the internet. This hopefully will nurture a sense of independence and identity.

Sendong. This experience defined a generation and it has defined me so much as well. Much has been seen and said. In a personal note, this might lead me to engage more in environmental law and social adaptation to climate change.

New Relationships. Bittersweet life is best experienced when shared by people you love.  
amdg.

No comments: