Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Midterms and moving on


Midterm exams are done! It is time to move on for the next half of the semester.

However, as much as I want to move on, this feeling of profound academic frustration consumes so much of my thoughts. I share this feeling to all my classmates who just went through the obligations and contracts exam. We learned the fact that memorizing the codal is not enough and is never enough. When you study the law, study EVERYTHING. Practically, study the cases to see how these laws are applied.

When I opened the questioner, my mind went momentarily blank after reading the long narration of facts. I do not know where to start. So deconstructing the problem helps by making diagrams. I still find the effort of breaking it down futile since some terms are just pure alien. In a desperate attempt to write something, I just threw all the provisions I know that would probably apply on the broken down facts. The rest is history. 

 The law is indeed a jealous mistress and it is in these exams that she tests your fidelity and dedication to her.

 Nonetheless, all of these are implied the moment we’ve decided to enter law school. So let us just clear the dust off our shoulders and prepare ourselves for the next half of the battle. 

I am a freshman in Law School. These are just elementary rantings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As if being a law student wasn’t hard enough! Well here’s a tip that may help you sleep a little better: use JD Match to help you connect with employers. I work with JD Match and they provide a free online service that uses a proprietary matching algorithm to match students with firms and firms with students. It works for you while your busy doing…well all the millions of other things you have to do. http://bit.ly/wasfo4