Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Like a Legal Scientist


Just as quick as a swing of a pendulum, my first year in law school is about to end.

Final exams are next week and all of us are under immense pressure to secure our place for another year in law school. So far, these thoughts are just preliminary of what the final exam will eventually define. I can’t say much. The first year has pushed a curve in my study time. I can’t imagine I have finished reading almost 3 thousand pages of text books and countless more of cases. The study of law is hard. Not only do you have to retain the textual character of the law, you have to absorb and understand the principles behind it and its relationship with other laws. More than this, you have to train your mind to think like a keen scientist obsessed with detail, breaking down the facts of the case, uncovering the issues and applying proper provisions of law for its resolution.

These things are just beginning to sink in. 

No comments: