Sunday, November 05, 2006

project philosophy note 1

My philosophy quest resulted to a self-examining quest. Basically it is indeed in the self where we must begin. I asked to myself; what makes me tick? I discovered that 4 things make me tick. It is the belief of a divine being, belief in self, and the love for others and the channel of work. These four components are the pillars of my philosophy. Again it is God, Self, Others and Work. I wish to explain what the heck each one plays and how they actually interplay.

God: It is the ultimate source and end of self, others and work.
Self: My concept of self.
Others: My concept of people aside from myself
Work: Human faculties aimed to help self and others and act as a channel to serve God.

With these identified 4 components, I now have the backbone of my project and in the following posts; I wish I could expound further what each one entails such as self-development, magis, golden mean, friendship, community etc. So bottom line lets 1st examine ourselves and identify the pillars of our lives before we live the new day of the rest of our lives.

No comments: