Saturday, January 27, 2007

The 5th session with the Republika’s Consul On Learning


Ton: Whow! Consul! Midterm exams are finally over! Another major battle is over but the casualties are yet to be counted. Basically consul, I don’t have any apprehensions about the scores but there is one thing we need to talk about. It is not the score results and dealing with them but it is about learning in general. Can you like you know, give me one of your “philosophical” discourses about why I need to learn aside form the fact that my parents pay for it.

Consul: Young one, 1st I would like to congratulate you for being confident about your exams. Confidence in any action signifies a well prepared spirit. You did your part, let God do the rest. Hmmm… learning you say? Young one, simply being a human person endowed by intellect by a Being gives us the drive to learn.

Ton: Bitaw bah, I just realized that having intellect and ability to love differentiates us from the animals. Intellect basically is nurtured through learning.

Consul: Correct! Intellect is a gift, a gift from God. As a borrowed thing, we have the obligation to take care of it. Not just take to take care but to nurture it. Learning is not enough, what is complete young one, is reflective learning then action to apply that knowledge.

Ton: Wow! That is nuclear! IPP na yan ha! You made me think consul. I realized that learning must not be treated as a “habit” but as a life process. It needs an active mind. We learn everyday, every moment and with the use of our minds translate that learning’s into action. It is action that leads to a change for the good but with that component called “reflective” in it. It seems like I am urged to process all knowledge as coming from God, a grace that must be cultivated, a knowledge that can never be complete without it being applied for the good.

Consul: Yes, it is indeed in learning that humanity evolved. But I warn you young one, be cautious in acquiring knowledge. Be mindful of its substance. Never let a distorted thought infest your mind. Be critical and analyze. Use your conscience to filter all ideas for it to be free of biases and errors.

Ton: Thank you consul, you basically drew a flow chart about reflective learning. Basta. Embrace all learning’s as a grace from God. Then, Practice myself to process through my experiences and reflect upon it and finally act.

Consul: We never cease to learn. It is a life long process. What makes it worth while is applying it to extend God’s love.

Ton: Wow! Thank you so much consul! You indeed gave me a new insight about knowledge, learning and those kinds of things.

See God in all things

God loves you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kuya Ernie? Who is the Consul? Is it another side of you or something? Because if it is... you are really a great leader. My friend says that being a leader doesn't matter on your IQ, but on your EQ. It's how you relate to everything especially to God.

If it isn't you... which I seriously doubt, say hi to it for me! Hehehe.

Nice advices! why can't they place things like these in the bulleting board? Hehehe.