Monday, January 22, 2007

Heroic Leadership 1

The 4th session with the Republika’s Consul

On Mission

Ton: Consul, I have something to tell you with absolute significance! I am actually running for a public trust these coming XU elections 07! Basically consul, I am kinda nervous.

Consul: Excellent my young one! It is indeed a noble act to give back what God gave you through this line of service. What are you running for?

Ton: I’m running for year-representative in the School of Business and Management Student Council. It is not relatively a big burden.

Consul: Hmmm… burden you say? All responsibilities are not a burden young one, it only becomes one if you consider it a burden. It is more of a mission given to you by your peers. You and your co-officers are now mediators, implementers and planners of sorts. You and your co-officers are now catalyst for change young one with a bigger pool for the magis.

Who’s your daddy?

Ton: Cge consul, I am really setting my mind into it. I’m setting it every moment to receive this trust as a mission, as something more, as something divine consul! But still there is that feeling of what if.

Consul: Young one, it is normal for you to feel that uncertainty but you can always reinforce it with a prayer. Continue to nurture the principles you believe in because at the end, these principles are your strengths for this mission.

Ton: Thank you very much consul! The Heroic Leadership book is really of use ha! I’m really trying to furnish my self-awareness exercises. It seems like the spring board of re-energizes spirit comes to the fact that I now slowly realize my weaknesses, strengths and mission in this present time.

Consul: Yes! Self-awareness is the core of any Heroic deeds because it is our understanding of ourselves that feeds our consciousness to the fullest and act through it.

Ton: Thank you very much consul! You indeed gave me a boost! Next time, I hope we could talk about the three other pillars that practically fuelled the Jesuits to do heroic deeds.


See God in all things

God loves you!

1 comment:

meily said...

i would like to meet your consul. really... he's got so many things to say and i've got tons to ask. Ü i am amazed erns... the true ignatian spirit is really sinking in you day after day (and perhaps every after sesion with your consul). I now admit erns, i do not know you much and i still have many things to read in your archive to, atleast, know you better. You're really devoted to this call erns. I see it. I now can imagine you presiding the mass. "let us all bow our heads and pray for God's blessing. Heavenly father.. blah.blah.blah. And may God bless you The father, the son and the Holy spirit." Erns, i see you saying these lines. Awkward as it may seem, i now can accept and allow you to become a priest. ^_^