Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A day before battle

The 1st session with the Republika’s Consul
on preparing for battle with new weapons

Ton: Tomorrow will finally be the 1st day of the school year 2007!

Consul: Back to the routine way of living you say?

Ton: I think not. The holiday break led me to a new soul and God searching sessions that pretty much resulted to a beef up of my energetic spirit, new motto and new inspirations. Nothing beats the old Jesuit practice of self-awareness, discernment and prayer! Diba!? Imagine, after 13 years of Ateneo education, the teachings are finally touching my heart! Hahahaha! I am now training my thoughts to constantly do these exercises. To be contemplative in action! Reflection on the move! To destroy the sith in me, to help souls!

Consul: Ah, inspired you are. Much the ateneo have given you. What inspired you?

Ton: Actually it was triggered by a book. I borrowed this book, Heroic Leadership a couple of times already and have been reading it twice. This book is my inspiration and I wish all of you will read it. Oh yah! I also reviewed my Ogilvie retreat palancas and a certain palanca invigorated more of my soul. The palanca of Xrysz, sj. It reminded me of my mission and who I am. Soon, I wish to quote some of it to you.

My mentor and I

Consul:He is indeed a great mentor. In the other hand, do you sense fear tomorrow?

Ton: Hmmmm… I sense fear within myself aside from the fact that tomorrow is our PE practical exam!!! . I fear with what will I respond tomorrow’s experience equipped with this renewed spirit and mission. But mind you consul, I am exited for tomorrow’s battle. I just hope I can face the pressures of academic life fully armed and responsive with this new spirit and new way of doing things.

read this! it will fill you!

Consul: You are much prepared in spirit. In any battle young one, it is the spirit that must be sharpened. Recall all your values and feel the presence of God in you. This will catapult a new and more energetic spirit in you ready for any battle. May God be with you!

Ton: Thank You Consul! i wish to talk more about this mentor of mine soon.


God Loves You!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Just like a famous publicity interview! Just like in the magazine! Hehehe.

chienese said...

ernie! i really absolutely do not know how you come up with these things! im amazed..