Thursday, June 28, 2007

thought book

BOOK EXCHANGE
Today, June the 28th in the year of our Lord 2007, is a day where it seems that the randomness of reality contrived to setup a meeting of an old and interesting friend that would very well change the course of how I see and engage in things. It can be called an intervened moment by Divine Providence but an amazing incident nonetheless. Here are the series of events which led to this magnificent moment that a bewildered human mind would reflectively categorize as an intervention of God. It was a hot but cloudy afternoon when I began to procrastinate on a piece of letter for the approval of SBM GA on a “non-activity” day. It was 12:00 noon. After I would complete this simple task, I would consider this week’s GA target tasks complete enabling me to shift to Phase 2: “The sit, think, talk, and move” phase. Council consensus is now achieved (Phase 1) so the next logical step is to micromanage the working units. All systems are still on track and yes, I accomplished the letters. Well aside from this nitty-gritty org affair, Larah Fermill and I agreed earlier to award ourselves after the overloaded academic week by strolling and enjoying the jewel of Capitalism – Mall specifically Ketkai. After I’ve finally finished all the letters, I went on with the awarding-the-self plan with a school bag pack tightly gripped at my back heading to the mall. I rode a blue colored jeepney and while I settling my mind to an observant/reflective mode watching the people move like water molecules in Cogon, my phone vibrated. I grappled to catch my phone in the seemingly unending black whole called my pocket. I viewed the message and behold! I am going with myself because Larah seemed so attached to her bed. So it’s me and the mall. Finally I arrived, scouting around, walking without any concrete destination just following my impulse. Stopped over at Saint Paul’s, at the different books store, looked at clothes, the normal window shopping protocol. I then decided to spend 20 minutes or so in National Bookstore. It is where I saw a familiar face. It was Jigz, an old friend from the Rotary Youth City Council (He was the Secretary) who was also a curious truth seeker like myself. We chatted a bit but the main topic focused on a book named the 48 Laws of Power. We exchanged thoughts about it because I happened to get my hands on it before. I didn’t quite love the book because it enumerated an anti-thesis of the very Ignatian principle I try to nourish. We didn’t prolong the talk because I felt I need to go somewhere. I exited the Bookstore and tried to extract meaning in why we met (a usual protocol) while I walked away. Then a surge of “right place at the right time” feeling consumed me when I realized there is something more than that petty conversation. I went back to the store hoping Jigz is sill there. He was still there scanning books. I managed to open another conversation with him finally it ended with him offering to let me borrow his treasured books which he is coincidently carrying. He did without any sign of hesitations, a grace I called it. There in my hands, he turnover a total of 3 books namely: The 48 Laws of Power, How to Think like Leonardo da Vinci and Da Vinci Decoded, a collection of books that seems to overflow with intrigue resulting to a curiosity overdose. I thanked him greatly and went on to satisfy this overdose. I ate at the same time read the Da Vinci mind book over at KFC. It was simply an exhilarating as I read word-by-word of a genius’ “modo procedure” and how I could apply it in real life and real time. Much to that, what I uncovered and discovered in those books is another story. The real essence of this marvellous yet simple meeting of souls is the keeping of friendship even time seems too far to bond it and the consistent mindset of never letting an opportunity pass by. Embrace the richest possible potential of every moment. I know I did when I decided to turn back and talk to this interesting soul.

1 comment:

Alexander May said...

hey ton....remember that stock market game you blogged about a long long time ago? where can i find it? i'm intrigued because of our economics class, i wanna learn how the market really works *ahem*...so much of that. anywayz...i'm also intrigued about that power book you just said..can u tell me something bout it?

PS. ur tagboard isn't working.

thats all...