Saturday, June 16, 2007

thought book

EXPERIMENT ABOUT A SEED


The first week the school year gave is a week that will surely mark an inerasable imprint in the way I engage in things. As what I prepared for, this week became a living laboratory – a personal and reflective experiment hinged in the context of God, others, self, and school. This personal experiment which I designed to be retrospective in nature aims to let my self see how I manage my moment-by-moment life in an “out-of-the-body” perspective much like an alter-ego – the consul observing and studying his very self. The experience of detachment from the self serves as a major breakthrough in analyzing and eventually nurturing the “seed of infinite” in me. A “seed” that Fr. Chris, my high school Jesuit mentor metaphorically reiterated as the source of the flame – the source of the passion. Why so? Mastering the notion of removing my thought from myself actually sharpens my self-awareness making my personal identity anchored in an alienable and vivid reality which imbeds deeper each time I pause and reflect in an out-of-body-state. This realization is the result of this experiment with the premise of contemplative in action and in this case, the intense action of balancing studies and involvement. As I was sitting in a corner and looking at the clouds looking at myself from another point, a surge of excitement consumed my entirety when a uniquely divine thought suddenly surfaced in my consciousness; that what I passionately do such as “overly” engaging myself is actually an expression of my spirituality; a late notion perhaps but an inspiring one nonetheless. This spirituality grew with time and experience synthesized with daily reflections which ultimately constructed an intangible ATP factory of action inside me operating in maximum capacity each time the seed of infinite is watered and touched by the sun’s rays. This is a seed born through an enriched spirituality and cultivated by God’s hands and others’ bread. Undeniably, this new approach to life or a way of thinking made me feel burdened at the same time humbled that out from a text message having a line “a seed of infinite” I could reap plenty of wisdom. Hence, the technique for us to achieve a heightened sense of self-understanding is to detach our mind from the body and see things with a mighty faculty of wonder.

No comments: