Wednesday, March 05, 2008

ALMOST OVER


Half of the exam subjects are over and I'm looking forward for the last big fight for this semester! It’s quite remote if other people would agree to me but I somehow like exams week. Aside from the sleepless nights and the hermit lifestyle I employ myself I really love the smell of exams. The exam week is somehow a free zone if you think about it. You get to show up only an hour in school per day in most cases. You also have a very legitimate excuse not to engage in any of your extra-affairs and you have all the time in the world to sit, read, eat and write. It’s like a brief breath of fresh air, a big void in our daily haggard routines. But what is most exciting about the week is the moment when it is all over. There is this great unquotable feeling of relief and freedom. Ok, I think is quite a fantasy already. Bottom line, the culmination of this exam week is not just the grades we receive a month after but the great feeling of finally breaking from the bondage of academic demands at the very moment we pass the exam paper of that last subject.

No comments: