Thursday, March 06, 2008

IT WILL DECIDE EVERYTHING

They say when you do not write your ambitions, it remains a dream. Writing them makes them a goal. Let us evoke the law of attraction and try if in some years time, these will be come a reality. They are not few nor plenty but hopefully they are much. To really say that I am living my life to the fullest is the same as dedicating most of my time and effort to service for others (especially the voiceless, powerless, and those who can’t think for themselves) through the community development programs I work with.

  • Make a Non-profit organization which focuses on barangay/family development in the rural communities
  • Be an alternative CPA - Lawyer
  • Write a book about the vocation of leadership
  • Be a professor in Xavier University or Ateneo School of Government specializing in people empowerment

I just don’t have any idea why this field (socio-political development work) captures so much of my imagination. The simple thought of doing it energizes me instantly. The job which is much of a vocation for me wakes me up every morning and peacefully tucks me in every night. It tells me what to read, what to be involved in, what to write, to think, to do. This is what I love. This is what I deeply love doing, and it will decide everything.

In the end of our days, it is not the achievements that are remembered but it is the character and love you shared to those who remember you. The memories and love you’ve shared make you immortal in the lives you touched.

No comments: