Sunday, June 15, 2008

FIRST WEEK HIGH!


The first week of the school year has passed and I begin to gather and recollect all the things that happened.

I could still recall the festive air when I entered XU on the first day. I saw lots of young people gather in circles and I bet they are freshmen still sharing there new found world with their high school friends. New people equate greater possibilities and knowing that my accountancy block has a mix of new people brings excitement in me. I welcome Mark, Steph, Shaira and others in block ACB! The first week was also a bustle for me. I found a new vocation, which is formal hosting. I found it uncanny that I feel confident so this means God wants me to sharpen it and I will just do that. The teachers are starting to enter the classes. In terms of teachers, it is quite depressing. I could only count 3 teachers that I feel will inspire the class compared to last year. Still this poses a challenge for us to extract every “inspiration” even in the most boring teacher. In governance, we had a huge success in the 110th Independence Day Campus Celebration. It was innovative. We had a parade and a stage set up in with huge crowd. Keep the momentum as we always say. We also had our first NSTP session. It was a surprise to know that my FPO is Mr. Pimentel himself. He said we will soon handle a special class for special students. Very intriguing and I look forward for that with my new partner, Crystal. The SLDP 3, a lecture about volunteerism also gave me fresh new ideas and inspiration in how to ignite a fire and how to constantly feed it while taming it. The first day was a hype of activities but as I always say, it is good to always pause and look back. These series of events are signs, are signals, and are puzzles that if we connect together, if we put together will reveal a clearer picture, will speak to us about our destiny. So always be mindful of the patterns! Prayers can be drawn from them.

No comments: