Friday, April 03, 2009

SUMMER PROJECT

To transform the realization posted in “SIN OF A CITY BOY” into concrete action, I have come to the decision to apply for a summer job! Classic isn’t it?!

I will be working as assistant to the Coordinator for Student Activities and Leadership Development Office. This job was actually offered to me. This would be my first non-volunteer job. I hope to absorb the value of earning from your labour, self-discipline and submission to authority. So I’ll deal basically with strategic planning, program design and project evaluation of student activities and leadership programs. This also holds an assistantship in the transition project of the Central Student Government.

I will also volunteer for Kabataang Bayani, an electoral education initiative implemented through the Kristohanong Katilingban sa Pagpakabana – Social Involvement Office. This is a summer workshop series in different parishes for the youth. We hope to teach them the importance of voting as a sacred duty to ourselves and especially to our future.

I want share this because there is a tremendous amount of opportunity where we can share our effort and time for a greater project of building hope for a better day. Summer is supposedly a period of rest, but I feel I should not waste the opportunity this free period brings.

2 comments:

author said...

wowww..congrats, ton! God bless the works of your hands!

shal said...

ton, can u give one during the LC camp???:)