Friday, January 25, 2013

Jasaan and a Truck

For the past months, I gave several talks on basic leadership and organizational development for student organizations. This has become a ministry of sorts for me. The experience through the years in student government has helped me appropriate my own theory and direction in these affairs. It is such a great privilege to be given such opportunity to share personal insights appropriate for my peers.



In one occasion, I went as far as Jasaan, Misamis Oriental to share some thoughts on Servant Leadership to the Economics Society during their community building. It was the first time I visited XU's sea-side property in Jasaan. It was designated to the Marine Biology Department as their sea-side base for their marine studies. It has all basic amenities such as living quarters and even sea side eating huts. I also met student leaders of other colleges in the city. They were the ones who facilitated the activities of the whole event. The interesting part I should say (As far as I experienced during the event) was the means of transportation going back to the city. It was large city-owned utility truck which accommodated 30 strong backs. With the wind in our faces, we got to appreciate the country-side and the city in new wide open eyes with 360 degrees view- literally. It was one very meaningful and fruitful Sunday afternoon.


Thank you Econ Society :D

No comments: