Thursday, May 14, 2009

Change Politics Meeting


This is my first time to fly to Manila alone. I am here in CODE-NGO Headquarters in front of the Ateneo attending a meeting of the regional point-persons of the Change Politics Movement. I am the only one below 20 years old so at least I know how to situate myself. In this meeting, I reported what happened in Cagayan de Oro regarding the initial activities of the movement. Scanning the presence in the room, I saw the need to present a different perceptive from the usual sharing so I filled it in with my report on the youth’s perspective and actions in this part of Mindanao. I reported to them the use of social networking to boost up awareness among the youth in the area. Though not the ultimate organizing weapon, the internet can be used to boost up presence in this movement. Furthermore, I also created an image that we are treating the expansion and implementation of this movement as war; organizing ground troops, mapping out the fronts, scanning the airwaves, and setting up camps. These are all geared up to create a strong presence of the movement in Cagayan de Oro city especially in the youth sector. Now the battle has begun. Join the grand army for change! I will be going to ateneo after the meeting! Amdg!

No comments: