Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Need of this world – Justice


It has been said that your vocation is the intersection between your deepest personal desires and the world’s greatest need. Vocation or calling is your place in the greater scheme of things where ultimately, your joy lies.

In the course of my life, I’ve always placed this graphical representation of vocation at a dominant position in my daily thought and reflection. More so now that my journey towards what I believe is my professional calling has started. My only nugget of wisdom that I can share is that the ultimate source of motivation should lay not so much on the potential prestige and worldly honor this profession supposedly holds rather it should properly lay on that intrinsic personal desire to cultivate a character and competency that can effectively meet a need of this world – justice.

I keep putting this in my head and it serves as a guiding compass for me in how to approach the things I do from my engagements to my studies. So for us students of the law, though we run a daily life filed with mental and emotional challenges, we should never lose sight on this fundamental and ideal framework of living. Study not just for yourself, study for others.  

No comments: