Monday, January 17, 2011

First Day of Midterms.

It was a slow day. I woke up around 9:30 am still bearing that heavy feeling last night. I am getting use to the silence again yet I come to believe that this is a normal process of adjustment just like 10 months ago. Spend a couple of hours surfing the net and watching Les Mis. More than the music, i think the message of the book is strikingly reflective of our own country. I upgraded my skype. I would keep by facebook page online hoping that my brother would be online. I guess he slept in his initial hours in Korea. After s mall lunch, I went off to gym. Again there was a sense of silence. When I returned to the house I would look up to the door and imagine that my brother would peek and open the door but of course no one opened. In school, I was quite overwhelmed when i saw the long line in window 6 (bank payments). I fell in line and it started to drizzle. To make good use of the time, I reviewed my notes while it captured small drops of rain. Surprisingly, I saw my colleague in government wearing the csg shirt. I tasked him to visit the treasurer’s office and see what we can do about this long line since another bank window had this passively placed “closed” sign peering on us while we were slowly getting wet. What a waste come to think of it. My colleague returned possessing an order. He announced that the other half go to the treasurer’s office to finish the “admit to exam” transaction. It made me think. This is one concrete way of doing our role in simple cases of inconvenience. From possibly waiting for an hour, I finished my transaction in 15 minutes. I studied in a very quiet place where I can be closer to the source of truth – the chapel. I spent a good 20 minutes there. Then I went off to my first midterm exam. It was relatively easy though with some challenges in the identification part. I only memorized their first name. Tsk. After an hour of exam, I went to the office to visit and went to the library to photocopy an ancient book which still cites the Soviet Union. I went home with my close confidant. I did manage to buy my favourite sweet corn and malunggay pastel. It made me think again, how much these FS guys are earning and will their partnership will survive after college. I think 4 owners are just too much.

At home, I made sure that to study my notes. I would like to thank YouTube for providing me with all the materials I need for tomorrow’s exam.

Quite a slow day but yet it has its surprises. So we should never discount every day. All have its own fair share of lessons to teach and good memories to relish.

No comments: