Sunday, June 12, 2011

God loves us FIRST. Ninoy and Cory Aqunio Leadership Journey


In its most profound sense, the Ninoy and Cory Aqunio Leadership Journey weaved my anxiety, excitement, doubts, hopes and fears into one understandable and appreciable picture of my life. I bring so much anxiety into this retreat. Friends are leaving, going separate paths; college comfort has ended and the prospect of Law School still stings with fear and uncertainty.
In all the rich inputs given to us, I want to share a simple highlight.
According to Henri Nouwen, we oftentimes miss the whole point about the nature of our relationship with God. Our common mentality is we keep on doing good so we can merit God’s love. We operate in that one-way relationship which simply spells we should please Him – period. Nouwen opens up this new thought that affirms the fundamental truth that God loves us FIRST.
The question is not “how am I to find God?” but “How am I to let myself be found by him?” The question is not “How am I to find God?” but “how am I to let myself be found by him?” The question is not “How am I to know God?”, but “How am I to let myself be loved by God?”.



No comments: